Hello all! Happy Monday! 🌞🌞
What one good thing will you do/start today?
For me the answer is: delving into a topic of interest!
One of the perks of being a SAHM is the wonderful opportunity to indulge in the pursuit of knowledge 💖 And if you have internet connection, you have absolutely NO excuse to remain intellectually stagnant! 🙃
One of my areas of interest is ageing well and, although I’m still a long way off from being physically old, I believe it’s never too early to start establishing some solid habits that will help one age sexily 😉
So the other week I received information about a free online course on Strategies For Successful Ageing. It is a 5-week course given by the Trinity College Dublin and is but one of the many free online courses facilitated by Futurelearn.
Here’s an overview of the 5-week course:
- Week 1: Being Older In this first week, we look at how perceptions of ageing can influence ageing, and explore our own understanding of what ‘old’ is.
- Week 2: Being Well In the second week, we investigate strategies for improving mental health, including depression, anxiety and brain ageing. We also discuss what ‘quality of life’ means, and delve into other key areas for successful ageing including intimacy, how to talk to your doctor, and family solidarity.
- Week 3: Being Healthy In the third week of our course, we will give strategies for better nutrition, increasing physical fitness through exercise, and improving your brain health.
- Week 4: Being Engaged The fourth week of the course looks at another important area for successful ageing: social engagement and participation. You will have a chance to perform a life audit and learn strategies for how to plan for the future.
- Week 5: Being Creative In the final week of the course, we will explore creative ageing, what this means, and why it is important. We will showcase individual creativity and provide you with tips to explore your own creativity.
Fascinating isn’t it? 😀 And you can be sure I immediately signed up!
I just finished week one (which is mostly introductory) and am excited to move into week 2. The course is self-paced so you can breeze through it as fast as you want or take all the time you need, the 5 week time frame is just a recommendation.
Aside from expanding my horizons, I’m definitely looking forward to learning a few practical tips on ageing well after taking this course.
I’ll keep you posted and, you keep me accountable, ok? 😉