I love this week’s SYW questions ❤️ Here we go:
Complete this sentence: I want to learn more about …
- Aromatherapy and how I can use it at home. I’ve already finished an online course but it seemed to have just skimmed the surface.
- Gardening, particularly container gardening, taking care of flowering plants, herbs. And by extension, making terrariums. One at a time of course 😄
- Photography. I’ve put this off for ages and ages now. This one’s probably for next year considering I’m about to give birth.
- Cooking/expanding my culinary repertoire. I’m afraid this one’s reached emergency status now. I keep cooking the same 5 or so recipes and relying on take-outs for variety. (My family’s been very forgiving because I’m pregnant and all). Then I got really bored with my recipes and my yen for cooking just went out the window as a result. So I’m seriously thinking about this and WILL BUY AN OVEN. Because, can you believe it? I’ve NEVER even owned an oven in my entire life! 😱😱😱
- Close on the heels of previous bullet point – baking!
- Crochet – Filet, Irish, tapestry, thread, and creating warm weather garments.
- The Indonesian language. I’m gonna give birth any time now and perhaps the only word of relevance that I understand is “dorong” (“push”) 😅. I also took an online course for this – which was actually pretty good – but the problem is the retention. I’ve since observed that I retain more if I learn the words that I need at the moment – like when I have to ask the housekeeper to do something. My brain just won’t give space to something I don’t need. In addition, there’s a notable difference between the Indonesian you learn formally vs. the Indonesian actually spoken. Another reason I prefer to learn from the housekeeper 😁
- Basic sewing. So I can make my own sassy pillowcases & curtains and anything else that’s just a rectangular piece of fabric with just a little embellishment ❤️❤️
On a vacation what would you require in any place that you sleep?
Comfortable bed & temperature. No noise. No lights. No unpleasant smells.
What is your greatest extravagance?
Online shopping and having it shipped via DHL📦📦. Although this one’s straddling the fence between extravagance and necessity because this has to do with our present location.
For instance, when shopping for clothes, my 10 y.o. daughter has to look in the adults section already. Never mind me and my husband. Finding comfortable footwear is difficult at best, so we’ve taken to buying ours in Singapore. Last night we couldn’t find self-rising flour in the grocery department of their biggest, most recognized as high-end, mall. I mean, maybe they ran out of it but that’s my point, there’s not one single place where you can safely say they have everything, sometimes you have to explore other stores in search of an item and even then it’s hit and miss.
There are no English books here so I have to have them shipped from Amazon/Book Depository. I buy our supplements online as well, all the maternity clothes I’m wearing ….
What inspired you this past week? Feel free to use a quote, a photo, a story, or even a combination.
I wish I’d bookmarked it! It was an article from a homemaking blog that talked about the reasons why the author makes herself up even when she’s just at home for days on end. That piece really spoke to me because I have been wallowing in frumpsville for the longest time now – thank goodness nobody from my previous corporate life can see me! 🤣
She made all the right arguments, including the very true fact that it sets a positive tone for the day and makes you more productive.
So now I take my showers in the morning before breakfast, get out of my sleeping clothes into nice daytime wear, swap my glasses for contacts, fix my hair, wear liner, lipstick, earrings and perfume 😁😁😁
Well, that last part might be overkill but then again, why not? 😘
Now give me YOUR answers! 😀 Comment below or just click the badge to join the fun.