A friend from home recently told me she was feeling depressed. She was doing an end-of-year review and was feeling morose about the year that was 😕 Which got me thinking about my own experience of 2017 ~~ hmmm, certainly not bad and definitely with a big bang 😁❤️
The good thing about having a blog is that it makes a year-end review quite easy. Even if you didn’t blog everything, the posts will be enough to jog your memory. So here are my take-aways from 2017 (in no particular order):
1. Man plans, God laughs.
2. Create happiness within your own 4 walls.
This applies to everyone but is especially true for expat SAHMs.
3. Happy people are good people. Good people are not always happy.
4. Community (really) matters.
And I’m talking about the village of support you create for yourself in the shape of friends, neighbors, your go-to hairstylist, even your favorite book store. Let’s just say this is one thing I didn’t know I missed until it was gone. Unfortunately, I still have to find a way to fix this (if there is one!).
5. Never under-estimate the power of retail therapy on not-so-busy weeknights (or wherever the malls are open till 9 or 10 PM).
Much lesser people makes the whole process unhurried and, actually pleasant.
6. Schedule a real change of scenery from time to time. (As in, anywhere but on this island)
Short reason: so that problems don’t seem larger than they are.
Long reason: otherwise idyllic, the sleepy atmosphere of this place (that permeates everything) can drive me nuts at times 😏
7. Dress and make yourself up for the day, even when you’re just staying home.
This includes taking a shower before 10AM otherwise, good luck with the humidity! 😄
8. Let the breadwinner earn bread the way he wants.
Everyone is just happier that way.
9. Have fun marking the passage of time.
Set goals, take on projects, schedule stuff in your calendar to look forward to, and then blog about it.
99.9% effective against the doldrums 😁
10. Break it down into bite-sized chunks.
Absolutely golden advice.
11. Never run out of Re-Mag & Re-Myte supplements.
I didn’t blog about this but this has to have a spot on this list because the difference it makes is just too obvious to ignore. I have more energy, I sleep better, I am in a pleasant mood, I have better cognitive function, I even have more breast milk. When I was pregnant, I would experience those pregnancy-related swollen feet & ankles whenever I did not take these supplements.
12. Everything looks better arranged on a tray.
(I absolutely love this one!) I mean, seriously! Just give it a try! 👍👍
What about you? What are some of the lessons you learned in 2017? Let me know in the comments section, bet I can learn from you too 😃 ❤️