I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
~ Psalm 139:14 (KJV)
Hello sexy people! 😎 It’s Share Your World time again and … I might skip the next few after this as I’m expected to give birth this weekend 🤗🤗🤗 Wish me luck and do send me your warmest, most positive vibes 😁💓
If you were given the opportunity to ride in a helicopter would you go?
I’m scared of heights. But I did pay for a short helicopter ride when I was still single. I think I was still dating my husband then and you know how it goes, those love-hormones messing up with your brain like that … I even wanted to learn how to fly a plane at the time!!! 😱 Imagine that!
Anyhoot, the experience was absolutely exhilarating! It was one of those tiny choppers, seats 4 (maybe 5) including the pilot, and had glass walls (do you call them walls?). Imagine that! 😱
And now back to the question – no, I would not go. The love-hormones are in check now, thank you very much! 🤣🤣
What are some of your favorite type of proteins to eat? (meat, seafood, eggs, soy, cheese, nuts)
Cheese all the way! 💘 Although right now this question makes me think of my terrible heartburn & indigestion. I like eggs as well but they too have been giving me heartburn and indigestion lately.
What would be your preference, awake before dawn, at dawn, or awake before noon?
Awake before dawn or at dawn. Early mornings are my absolute favorite part of the day 💖💖💖
What inspired you or what did you appreciate this past week? Feel free to use a quote, a photo, a story, or even a combination.
This video 👇 Although it’s still quite early for me to worry about aging and how to cope with it, I do like to learn from those who’ve gone before me. However, the one thing that really stayed with me was her story about how, when she and her husband were out on a date, and they both saw this woman of about the same age as her sitting at the next table, she asked her husband if he found that woman to be attractive. And he said “yes”, because she’s (that woman) happy.
This blew my mind! Because yes, absolutely! You can be the most beautiful woman in the world, but if there’s no happiness in those eyes of yours, or if your “perfect” face and features look empty or cold or passive, then you’re not truly beautiful. You’re just nice to look at. So give me a happy person any time of day, she will always be radiant no matter what 😍
Then there’s this blog post:
I mean, how this dude used boredom to develop a slew of impressive skills is absolutely motivating! I recommend you give it a read 👍
~ oOo ~
So what are YOUR answers? Click the badge to join the fun!
~ oOo ~
Hello all! Happy Monday! 🌞🌞
What one good thing will you do/start today?
For me the answer is: delving into a topic of interest!
One of the perks of being a SAHM is the wonderful opportunity to indulge in the pursuit of knowledge 💖 And if you have internet connection, you have absolutely NO excuse to remain intellectually stagnant! 🙃
One of my areas of interest is ageing well and, although I’m still a long way off from being physically old, I believe it’s never too early to start establishing some solid habits that will help one age sexily 😉
So the other week I received information about a free online course on Strategies For Successful Ageing. It is a 5-week course given by the Trinity College Dublin and is but one of the many free online courses facilitated by Futurelearn.
Here’s an overview of the 5-week course:
- Week 1: Being Older In this first week, we look at how perceptions of ageing can influence ageing, and explore our own understanding of what ‘old’ is.
- Week 2: Being Well In the second week, we investigate strategies for improving mental health, including depression, anxiety and brain ageing. We also discuss what ‘quality of life’ means, and delve into other key areas for successful ageing including intimacy, how to talk to your doctor, and family solidarity.
- Week 3: Being Healthy In the third week of our course, we will give strategies for better nutrition, increasing physical fitness through exercise, and improving your brain health.
- Week 4: Being Engaged The fourth week of the course looks at another important area for successful ageing: social engagement and participation. You will have a chance to perform a life audit and learn strategies for how to plan for the future.
- Week 5: Being Creative In the final week of the course, we will explore creative ageing, what this means, and why it is important. We will showcase individual creativity and provide you with tips to explore your own creativity.
Fascinating isn’t it? 😀 And you can be sure I immediately signed up!
I just finished week one (which is mostly introductory) and am excited to move into week 2. The course is self-paced so you can breeze through it as fast as you want or take all the time you need, the 5 week time frame is just a recommendation.
Aside from expanding my horizons, I’m definitely looking forward to learning a few practical tips on ageing well after taking this course.
I’ll keep you posted and, you keep me accountable, ok? 😉