Good morning beautiful people! 🙂
Rise and gift the world with your amazingness! ☀️ ✨
So today I am going to share 7 of my favorite quotes from the book “Someday is Not a Day of the Week” by Sam Horn.
I really love this book, and I enjoyed reading it because it speaks to my current “golden cage” situation. I love that it has a bias for action and that it nudges you to do something that will make your heart beat faster, now.
~ ~ oOo ~ ~
- The mark of a successful organization (I swapped this for “person”) isn’t whether it has problems, it’s whether it has the same problems it had last year.
- The question you should be asking isn’t “What are my goals?” but “What would excite me?”.
- Clutter is simply delayed decisions.
- Anxiety is a sign you’re confronting the potential of your own development. Do what makes you anxious, not what makes you depressed.
- When we focus on what we don’t want, that’s what we’re going to get.
- Instead of allowing that to define and defeat her [or me/you], she did one thing differently to improve the quality of her life.
- One way to hack fears is to realize they don’t prevent things from going wrong, they prevent things from going right.
~ ~ oOo ~ ~
This book is full of encouragement & motivation on every page but perhaps my favorite line is: “What is one thing you can do this week to improve your situation?“.
So often I focus on the cage and what’s outside that cage to the exclusion of the space within. This book encourages the reader to do something (and there is always something!) that makes your heart sing – this week! I ❤ that there’s a timeframe to it because it forces our brains to focus on an action item that we can do asap. Often, a small act of improvement is enough to create a ripple-effect of positivity in our lives.
Here’s something that I’d like to leave you guys with, I hope it blesses you as much as it did me 🙂
Seize the day! ❤ ❤